It’s crazy hot today Royals,
And I don’t know about you, but layers of clothes aren’t the only thing I want to take off when it’s this hot. The last thing I want to do is wear a ton of makeup that’s going to melt away. In sweltering heat, less is definitely more. Here are is my Summer Essentials Hot List:
0. Firming Lotion- Summer is all about showing a little (or a lot) more skin. I’ll go to the gym because it makes me “feel” fit, but I hate it. Firming lotions keep everything tight and right for the season.
1. Mattifying Primer- If you insist on wearing some type of foundation, then this will be your best friend. A good mattifying primer will keep you from glistening like tinsel at Christmas.
2. Matte Bronzer- The key to a sunkissed and defined look is MATTE bronzer. Avoid shimmer at all cost unless you want to look like a disco ball. Contour and place the bronzer where the sun would naturally hit your face.
3. Eyelash Curler- This truly makes a difference. It may be hard to believe, but it adds an extra something to your look without adding any product. Everyone wants to look bright eyed and ready for the next Summer adventure!
4. Nude/Neutral Lip Gloss- Who’s got time to look in a mirror anymore? Always have a gloss/tinted lip balm that can be swiped on without checking your reflection. No need to stick with browns and pinks. A lilac gloss is a great alternative! Try a cheaper version by Revlon called Lilac Pastelle.
5. BB Cream/Tinted Moisturizer- Perhaps the most important item on this list, BB Creams and tinted moisturizers are a God-sent in Summer. They won’t slide off or feel like a mask. BB Creams are great if you want a 3in1 product. They’re a moisturizer, light foundation and SPF all in one! Blend it in with your fingers and you won’t even know it’s there. Tinted moisturizers are better for those who need more coverage and don’t need skin care included in the equation.
6. Waterproof- Make sure you pick up your favorite mascara in the waterproof version. It will hold the curl of the eyelash curler better and just in case you sweat/get thrown in the pool; You’ll still have flawless lashes!